SlimFast is one of the most popular nutrition brands in the US, known for its healthy food items. You get bars, shakes, and snacks, which are healthy. But the question is, is SlimFast gluten free? Can you have it if you are gluten-intolerant?
The answer to this is a YES for most of their products! Some shakes and snacks provided by SlimFast are gluten free and are labeled too. They do not contain any gluten-rich ingredients. But then again, the risk of cross-contamination might be there.
Furthermore, while many of their products are gluten free, others are not. Hence, keep reading this to find out whether SlimFast is safe for people with celiac! Let’s get started.
Table of Contents
- 1 Is SlimFast Gluten Free?
- 2 Is SlimFast Lactose-Free?
- 3 Is SlimFast Vegan?
- 4 SlimFast Recipes:
- 5 History: SlimFast
- 6 Best SlimFast Gluten Free Products?
- 7 Does SlimFast Work?
- 8 What Is a SlimFast Diet?
- 9 Conclusion:
Is SlimFast Gluten Free?
SlimFast is based in Florida, USA. It provides dietary supplements, shakes, snacks, and bars. The Thomson Medical Company began this corporation as its product line back in 1977. In those times, SlimFast used to sell diet shakes only. The flavor options provided were strawberry, vanilla, and chocolates.
One could replace breakfasts and lunch with these diet shakes. The brand suggested that consumers have a low-calorie dinner while having these shakes. Also, back then, SlimFast did not provide dinner products. Meal bars were introduced in the mid-1990s.
Now, SlimFast has a lot of products that are free from gluten. Thus, celiacs can consume these items. Some products have gluten free labels, but some don’t. Hence, you must check the labels and ingredients before buying any.
Cross-contamination can also happen. Hence, it is better to check the labels well!
Related Post:- Is Candy Corn Gluten Free?
Is SlimFast Lactose-Free?
Most meal bars and shakes do not contain lactose. Hence, it becomes suitable for consumption by lactose-intolerant people. For shake mixes, you can pick plant milk instead of regular milk. Also, please check the ingredients before consumption.
Is SlimFast Vegan?
One of the biggest problems for vegans is that they have too few options on most menus. Vegans won’t consume any animal product, including eggs and dairy items. But a lot of SlimFast products (meal replacements) contain dairy or eggs. Hence, they are not suitable for vegans.
SlimFast recommends having meal replacements. This diet suggests one/two meals each day. The following list gives you some options for healthy, gluten free recipes. Keep reading to know more!
- Carrot and lentil soup
- Avocado Sweet potato toast
- Salmon Nicoise Salad
- Eggs benedict
- Scrambled eggs with cheddar cheese.
These are a few of the many recipes you can consume along with your diet shakes or bars.
SlimFast was founded in 1977. It provides products to the U.S., Canada, Ireland, Germany, the U.K., and other nations. The previous owners of this company have been Unilever and Thomson Medical Company. At present, Glanbia plc owns this brand.
In 2009, the company suspected possible bacterial contamination in the canned items. The company paused the production of the products until the issues got resolved. In the year 2011, SlimFast stopped using cans and switched to plastic bottles.
Best SlimFast Gluten Free Products?
SlimFast manufactures diet shakes, bars, and snacks. They also provide a variety of flavor options. Following is a list of some products that the brand offers:
SlimFast provides both ready-to-drink shakes and shake-mixes.
- SlimFast Advanced Nutrition Shakes (available in many flavors)
- SlimFast Original Shakes (available in 5 flavors)
- SlimFast Keto Meal Shakes to Go (available in 2 flavors).
- SlimFast Original Shake Mixes
- SlimFast Advanced Nutrition Smoothie Mixes
- SlimFast Keto Shake Mixes
- SlimFast Advanced Immunity Orange Cream Swirl Smoothie Mix
SlimFast provides both sweet and crunchy snacks.
- SlimFast Keto Fat Bomb Snack Cups
- SlimFast Keto Fat Bomb Strawberry Topped Cheesecake Mini Snack Bar
- SlimFast Keto Fat Bomb White Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Snack Cup
- SlimFast Double Chocolate Mint Crunch Mini Snack Bar
- SlimFast Keto Fat Bomb White & Dark Chocolate Peppermint Snack Square.
All the items mentioned above also come in a variety of flavors. As per the official website of SlimFast, all these products on the list are gluten free and safe for celiacs.
Does SlimFast Work?
SlimFast diet can be helpful for weight loss. If you don’t want to count calories every day, you can switch to this diet. You can switch to one or two meal replacements. Hence, SlimFast can be very useful if consumed properly.
SlimFast diet is basically a low-calorie diet. Hence, you don’t need to worry about your calories anymore!
What Is a SlimFast Diet?
A SlimFast diet basically aims at those who want to lose weight. Experts have different opinions on whether it is beneficial or not. According to the 2021 U.S. News and World Report, the SlimFast diet was ranked the 26th best diet plan. It got trendy due to its success rate in short-term weight loss. But when people aimed for long-term results, the success rate was dicier.
According to a well-known dietician, Kelly Plowe,
“Diets that promote eating bars and shakes instead of real foods aren’t sustainable and often aren’t healthy. You might lose weight. But replacing your meals with processed meal replacements won’t deliver long-lasting results.”
The main principle behind a SlimFast diet is restricted calorie intake. Except for this, there is no other restriction. Despite lots of flaws, the SlimFast diet has been a popular choice. We have also penned down some pros and cons of this diet. Once you know them, you can choose if this is a proper diet for you or not.
The pros of the SlimFast diet are as follows:
- The products are ready-made or are easy to make.
- These items are easily accessible. You can find them in your regular grocery stores or order online.
- When we compare this diet to other diets, we see that it doesn’t cost much.
- The instructions that the products and recipes provide are easy to follow.
- SlimFast products contain lots of proteins. You don’t have to worry about your calorie intake anymore either.
Along with these advantages of this diet plan, there are some cons as well.
- The first disadvantage that comes to mind is that it provides short-term results. If you are opting for long-term weight loss, the success rates are not constant.
- Most products of SlimFast are rich in sugar. Too much sugar in the diet can lead to heart disease.
- Despite many benefits, you can’t deny the fact that it is all processed food. As a result, this limits the scope of healthy cooking. Often proper nutritional proportions are not maintained.
Now you can study the pros and cons to decide if this diet plan would suit you!
SlimFast is mainly for people aiming for weight loss. People with other health concerns also prefer this brand since their products are specially designed for keto diets and diabetic people.
Even if you are cutting down on gluten for medical or non-medical reasons, you can have these! But before you buy anything, check the labels well. Once you have confirmed that the product is gluten free, you are good to go!
You can try the SlimFast diet plan and see whether it fits you. But whatever you do, keep working out! There can be no better alternative to good workout sessions. So, what are you waiting for! Begin with your healthy diet with SlimFast!