Rich, creamy, and delicious Jello Puddings are everyone’s favorite. It’s the quickest dessert to grab to satisfy your sweet cravings. But is Jello Pudding safe for those dealing with gluten intolerance? Is Jello Pudding gluten free?
Jello pudding does not contain any gluten ingredients, but Krafts does not label their puddings as gluten free. However, as per celiac.com, their puddings are safe for anyone having trouble digesting gluten.
I’m sure you want to know more about the ingredient list and production procedure of Jello Puddings. I’ll cover all these details in this article so let’s get started and uncover them all.
Table of Contents
- 1 Is Jello Pudding Gluten Free?
- 2 What Are The Ingredients In Jell-O Pudding?
- 3 Can People On A Gluten-Free Diet Have Jello Pudding?
- 4 Is Jello Pudding Healthy?
- 5 When Is Pudding Gluten Free? And What Is It Not?
- 6 Jello Pudding Gluten-Free Flavors
- 7 Try This Delicious Gluten Free Recipes With Jello Pudding
- 8 FAQs
- 9 Conclusion
Is Jello Pudding Gluten Free?
Yes, as per the ingredient list Jello Pudding is gluten free. Kraft has made both their Jello Puddings and Jellow instant puddings without adding wheat or barley as direct ingredients or as additives.
Although Kraft has not labeled Jello Pudding gluten free, these are considered safe for everyone having trouble digesting gluten. Ever since the product was launched, it has not received any complaints of gluten side effects due to cross-contamination; hence, you can consider it safe.
However, always read the ingredient list and keep an eye on Kraft’s website since they can change their ingredients at any time. The best way to avoid gluten is by checking the ingredient list. Kraft always lists if they use any gluten product made out of wheat or barley; hence checking their ingredient list is the best way to avoid gluten.
Lastly, you can always seek advice from an expert if you are not sure whether you should consume any particular food or not. Ask your dietician or anyone who has more knowledge about gluten products, and their advice will surely help you.
What Are The Ingredients In Jell-O Pudding?
Jello Puddings have multiple flavors, so the flavoring ingredients differ for each flavor. However, the base ingredients for each Pudding are the same, including-
- Modified cornstarch
Less than 2% of
- Sodium phosphate
- Tetrasodium pyrophosphate
- Artificial color
- Mono and diglycerides
- Natural and artificial flavors
Can People On A Gluten-Free Diet Have Jello Pudding?
As you can see from the above list, none of the ingredients are related to wheat or barley. So those on a gluten free diet can consume Jello Pudding without worrying about gluten allergies.
Is Jello Pudding Healthy?
Jello Pudding is not very healthy. The pudding contains sugar, modified corn starch, and lots of other preservatives, which are harmful for regular consumption. The artificial flavorings may also affect your health.
But Jello Puddings come with sugar-free and fat-free options as well, which have fewer calories, and the fat content is low as well. For instance, the sugar-free Jello Pudding variety has 60 calories, 270 mg of sodium, and 1.5g of fat.
So eating Jello Fat-free puddings sometimes won’t cause any serious harm. But considering the additives and preservatives, eating in moderation is the best.
When Is Pudding Gluten Free? And What Is It Not?
Puddings are mainly made of milk, egg, and sugar. To enhance the flavor, sometimes, people add fruits or vanilla extracts. These ingredients are completely gluten free, but puddings also contain thickeners like cornstarch, arrowroot powder, or flour.
If the Pudding contains cornstarch or arrowroot powder as thickeners, it is gluten free. But sometimes, it may contain wheat-based thickeners that contaminate Pudding with gluten. If you are buying instant pudding mix like the Jello ones, make sure to check the ingredient label and see if it contains any wheat based thickeners.
Jello Pudding Gluten-Free Flavors
The following Jello Pudding flavors contain no gluten ingredients and are safe to add to a gluten free diet-
- Jello-O Banana Cream Instant Pudding
- Jell-O Chocolate Fudge Instant Pudding
- Jello-O Caramel Instant Pudding
- Jello-O Butterscotch Instant Pudding Mix
- Jello-O Cook & Serve Banana Cream Pudding And Pie Filling
- Jello-O Cook & Serve Pudding And Pie
- Jello-O Cook & Serve Butterscotch Pudding And Pie
- Jello-O Cook & Serve Chocolate Pudding And Pie
- Jello-O Cook & Serve Chocolate Fudge Pudding
- Jello-O Cook & Serve Lemon Pudding And Pie Filling
- Jello-O Cook & Serve Coconut Cream Pudding And Pie Filling
- Jello-O Cook & Serve Vanilla Pudding And Pie Filling
- Jello-O Cook & Serve Sugar Free Vanilla Pudding
- Jello-O Instant Banana Cream Pudding And Pie Filling
- Jello-O Instant Chocolate Fudge Pudding And Pie Filling
- Jello-O Instant Chocolate Pudding And Pie Filling
- Jello-O Instant Coconut Cream Pudding And Pie Filling
- Jello-O Instant French Vanilla Pudding And Pie Filling
- Jello-O Instant Pumpkin Spice Pudding And Pie Filling
- Jello-O Instant Sugar-Free Fat-Free Banana Pudding And Pie Filling
- Jello-O Instant Sugar-Free Fat-Free Chocolate
- Jello-O Instant Sugar-Free Fat-Free Butterscotch
- Jello-O Instant Sugar-Free Fat-Free Chocolate Fudge
- Jello-O Instant Sugar-Free Fat-Free Vanilla Pudding
- Jello-O Instant Sugar-Free Fat-Free Lemon Pudding & Pie Filling
- Jello-O Instant Sugar-Free Fat-Free Pistachio pudding
- Jello-O Instant Sugar-Free Fat-Free Banana Pudding And Pie Filling
In addition to these, there are a few more Jello Pudding flavors that are free of gluten ingredients. You can check the complete list here.
Try This Delicious Gluten Free Recipes With Jello Pudding
Jello Pudding and Jello Instant Pudding mixes are best to make some mouth watering quick desserts. Let’s check an easy recipe with Jello pudding-
Jello Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Shots
- 1 box Jello Pudding (cheesecake flavor)
- 1 to 3 ounce box of Strawberry Jello
- ¼ cup vodka
- ¾ cup water
- 1 cup milk
- 1 package of fresh strawberries
- 1 /3 cup strawberry flavored vodka
- Bring water to boil in a saucepan and add the Strawberry Jello. Let it dissolve completely and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix milk and Jello cheesecake flavor pudding. Keep whisking until you get a thick batter. Add ⅓ cup vodka and mix again until you get a smooth batter. Keep it in the refrigerator and let it cool for some time.
- Add ¼ cup of vodka to the Strawberry Jello and water mixture when it cools down to room temperature. Give it a nice stir so that everything mixes well.
- Now take some shot glasses on a cookie sheet and pour the Jello water mixture until the glasses are half full. Keep the glasses in the refrigerator until the Jello sets. Once it sets, fill the glasses with the pudding batter, and top it off with some fresh strawberries.
Q: Is Jello Safe For Celiacs?
A: Ingredient wise, Jello is a gluten free dessert, so it should be safe for celiacs but always consult your health expert before consuming for the best advice.
Q: Is Pudding In General Gluten Free?
A: Pudding is usually made from milk, eggs, and sugar, so it’s gluten free. But sometimes, makers add thickeners that may contain gluten.
Q: Are Jello Puddings Vegan?
A: Yes, Jello Puddings are vegan. They are free from animal products like- eggs, milk, butter, cream, or gelatin, so they are vegan-friendly.
Hopefully, this article helped you find out that Jello Puddings are gluten free, so you can enjoy them without fearing gluten allergies. Jello Puddings are best for making some instant desserts, and I have shared a couple of recipes as well. Do try them and let me know how it turned out.
Keep following Nothing Gluten to get regular updates on gluten free food and lead a healthy life.