Ice creams have been a part of our smallest to biggest celebrations and our best stress busters too. When we hear of ice cream, the name that comes to our mind is Edy’s, which is a cult product of the Dreyer’s. But is Edy’s ice cream gluten free? Has the brand labeled it as a gluten free product?
Not all Edy’s ice cream flavors are gluten free. Besides, the gluten in their ice creams comes from added bakery products like cookies, brownies, or cakes. If you are getting Edy’s ice cream, you must check the product label as they disclose the presence of gluten substances.
So which Edy’s ice cream flavors are gluten free? Are those flavors safe for celiacs? I know gluten sensitive people are apprehensive of picking any random food item. Therefore to answer all your queries about Edy’s ice cream, I have prepared this article, so continue reading to find your answer.
Table of Contents
Is Edy’s Ice Cream Gluten Free?
Edy’s has so many ice cream flavors, but all of them are not gluten free. The company says that ice creams, which have cookie dough, brownies, pretzels, cookies, cone pieces, graham crackers, etc., are not gluten free.
If you have gluten sensitivity, you should pick flavors that are free of these bakery items. But have those flavors without bakery ingredients been tested for gluten? Unfortunately, no, these have not undergone the gluten test, nor are they labeled gluten free products.
You should keep in mind that all ice cream flavors contain coloring and fillers which may have gluten. Therefore, if you are diagnosed with celiac, it may not be the right decision for you to pick Edy’s ice cream.
So, most celiacs struggle with how to know if any food item is safe for them? Here are the three primary criteria any food product must fulfill in order to be gluten free-
- The company should prepare the product in a dedicated gluten free factory.
- As per FDA guidelines, it has to contain less than 20ppm gluten.
- It has to pass a gluten free test.
When a product fulfills these criteria, the product will come with a gluten free label. For better assurance, you can check the company website and read about the product’s ingredients.
Also Read:- Is Salt Water Taffy Gluten Free?
The Famous Edy’s Ice Cream: What Makes It Everyone’s Favorite?
Edy’s Grand Ice Cream is a sub-brand of its parent company Dreyer’s Grand Ice Cream Holdings, Inc. The company was started by candy maker Joseph Edy and ice cream maker William Dreyer.
In 1929, these two had introduced a completely new ice cream flavor by combining almonds, rice chocolate ice cream, and chewy marshmallows. This was quite new for people who had only eaten vanilla, strawberry, or chocolate ice cream flavors.
Then on, there was no stopping the company, and they have been bringing sweet smiles to everyone’s faces with their endless list of ice cream flavors. What people love about Edy’s Grand Ice cream is its diversity of choices.
You get a 93% fat free ice cream choice for people who don’t like calories; you get gluten free choices and, of course, the original ones. Catering to all their customers’ preferences is what made Edy’s one of people’s favorite ice cream brands.
List of Edy’s Gluten Free Ice Cream Flavors
As I have mentioned earlier, Edy’s comes with a bunch of ice creams that are gluten free and do not contain gluten products like cookie dough, cookies, brownies, etc. These are not tested gluten free ice creams, but people with slight gluten sensitivity may have it.
Edy’s Classic Gluten Free List-
- Edy’s Caramel Delight
- Edy’s Grand Butter Pecan
- Edy’s Grand Chocolate Chip
- Edy’s Grand Chocolate
- Edy’s Grand Chocolate Cups
- Edy’s Grand Coffee
- Edy’s Grand Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup
- Edy’s Grand French Vanilla
- Edy’s Grand Mint Chocolate Chip
- Edy’s Grand Neapolitan
- Edy’s Grand Mocha Almond Fudge
- Edy’s Grand Nestle 100 Grand
- Edy’s Grand Nestle Babe Ruth
- Edy’s Grand Nestle Crunch Mint
- Edy’s Grand Brunch Crunch
- Edy’s Grand Spumoni
- Edy’s Grand Rocky Road
- Edy’s Grand Vanilla & Chocolate
- Edy’s Grand Strawberry
- Edy’s Grand Vanilla Cups
- Edy’s Grand Vanilla Bean
Edy’s Gluten Free Sherbet List-
- Edy’s Sherbet Berry Rainbow
- Edy’s Sherbet Tropical Rainbow
- Edy’s Sherbet Orange Cream
Edy’s Gluten Free Yogurt Blend List-
- Edy’s Yogurt Blends Peanut Butter Overload
- Edy’s Yogurt Blends Caramel Praline Crunch
Edy’s Gluten Free No Sugar list-
- Edy’s Slow Churned No Sugar Added Fudge Tracks
- Edy’s Slow Churned No Sugar Added Butter Pecan
- Edy’s Slow Churned No Sugar Added Neapolitan
- Edy’s Slow Churned No Sugar Added Vanilla
- Edy’s Slow Churned No Sugar Added Triple Chocolate
- Edy’s Slow Churned No Sugar Added Vanilla Bean
Edy’s Gluten Free Slow Churned list-
- Edy’s Slow Churned California Caramel Almond Crunch
- Edy’s Slow Churned Butter Pecan
- Edy’s Slow Churned Caramel Delight
- Edy’s Slow Churned Caramel Delight Cups
- Edy’s Slow Churned Praline Perfection
- Edy’s Slow Churned Chocolate
- Edy’s Slow Churned Chocolate Cups
- Edy’s Slow Churned Chocolate Chip
- Edy’s Slow Churned Coffee
- Edy’s Slow Churned Classic Vanilla
- Edy’s Slow Churned French Vanilla
- Edy’s Slow Churned Fudge Tracks
- Edy’s Slow Churned Neapolitan
- Edy’s Slow Churned Chocolate Mint Chips
- Edy’s Slow Churned Peanut Butter Cup
- Edy’s Slow Churned Oregon Black Cherry
- Edy’s Slow Churned Peanut Butter Overload
- Edy’s Slow Churned Rocky Road
- Edy’s Slow Churned Rocky Road Cups
- Edy’s Slow Churned Strawberry
- Edy’s Slow Churned Vanilla Bean
- Edy’s Slow Churned Vanilla
- Edy’s Slow Churned Vanilla Bean Cups
- Edy’s Slow Churned Vermont Maple Syrup
Is Edy’s Ice Cream Vegan?
Now Edy’s ice cream isn’t vegan as it contains dairy products like milk. For any food item to be vegan, it should have only plant based products like soy milk, almond milk, or oat milk which is not the case with Edy’s. If you follow a vegan diet plan, Edy’s is not the choice for you.
Try These Dessert Recipes at Home With Edy’s Ice Cream
You can make some delicious recipes with Edy’s ice cream. The ice cream is a great addition to cold coffees, desserts, puddings, etc. Here are a few of them for you to try.
1. Caramel Delight Ice Cream Coffee
- 4 cups espresso
- 8 scoops Edy’s Slow Churned Caramel Delight light ice cream
- ¼ cup caramel sauce
- 2 tablespoons chocolate sauce
- Take two scoops of Edy’s Caramel Delight ice cream in a coffee cup
- Pour the espresso over the ice cream
- Now add the chocolate chips on top, and your caramel delight ice cream coffee is ready.
2. Candy Cane Hearts
- Edy’s vanilla ice cream
- Lollipop sticks
- Mini candy canes
- Red and white sprinkles (round)
- Parchment paper
- Take the lollipop sticks and candy canes into parchment paper and arrange them in a heart shape.
- Place the tray inside the oven for 3 minutes at 300°F.
- Take out the tray after 3 minutes and pinch the ends to ensure the heart shape stays intact.
- When the candies are set, place one scoop of vanilla ice cream inside each shape.
- Add the sprinkles on top and keep the tray inside the freezer until set.
3. Mini Ice Cream Cakes
- Edy’s Vanilla ice cream
- Piping bag
- Colorful sprinkles
- Your cupcake recipe
- Prepare the cupcake following your recipe.
- In the piping bag, scoop ice cream and cut the tip.
- Now fill the cupcake tops with the ice cream and finish with the colorful sprinkles; your mini ice cream cakes are ready.
As you can see, there are so many Edy’s ice cream flavors that have no gluten substance. However, you still cannot have them carefree as they have not been labeled gluten free. The brand discloses when any of their product contains gluten or any allergen product, so make sure to check the label first and then get your hands on it.
Most Frequently Asked Questions About Edy’s Ice Cream
Are Edy’s ice creams good quality?
Yes, Edy’s ice creams are a premium quality product, which is why they have been people’s favorite for decades.
Can celiacs have Edy’s ice creams?
Edy’s ice cream may not be safe for celiacs because they are not tested gluten free products.
What are the ingredients in Edy’s Ice cream?
Different flavors of Edy’s ice cream have different ingredients. For example, its vanilla flavored one has- sugar, skim milk, cream, corn syrup, guar gum, whey, carob bean gum, invert sugar, natural flavor, and annatto color.